To subscribe to my monthly newsletter, please enter your email address below:
Connect with me on:
Parent's Torah Blog
Summarizing Twenty Years and Millenia
A college friend of mine recently found me on Facebook. We hadn't spoken to each other since graduation, and I was happy to hear from him. Since we had been out of touch for so long, he began by summarizing the last nearly twenty years of his life. In a few bullet-pointed sentences, he concisely explained how he had started a Ph.D. program, left to work in the corporate world, married and had a child. I was surprised how such a long period of time could be encapsulated so succinctly, and I did my best to describe my adulthood in a few brief sentences.
On reflection, I realized that the past decade of my life could be summarized in just one sentence -- a verse from this week's Torah portion. ....
To read the rest of the entry click here.
Upcoming Speaking Engagements Include:
• Sinai Temple, Jumba and Torah Class for MATI group
Recent Speaking Engagements Include:
• Westside Jewish Community Center, Jewish Baby University Program for Expecting Parents
• Temple Beth Am, Los Angeles, CA
• Congregation B'nai Israel Sisterhood
• Pacific Southwest Region of Women's League Conference, Irvine, CA
• Temple Isaiah, Los Angeles, CA
• Women to Women, professional women's group and Working Mother's Group, Encino CA
• Sisterhood of Temple Beth Shalom, Long Beach
© 2011 Rabbi Ilana Grinblat. All rights reserved.